Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Mississippi Mission Trip "April 21st - April 29th 2006"


The happiest people I know are the ones who have learned how to hold everything loosely and have given the worrisome, stress-filled, fearful details of their lives into God's keeping.


My second trip down to Mississippi was just as fulfilling as the first. We met a great group of people from the Brantford, Ontario Free Reformed Church and from the Strathroy, Ontario United Reformed Church. My brother is now dating one of the girls we met from Brantford :D When we arrived back at Camp Hope there had been a lot of changes since we had last been there... The kitchen that the boys had roofed was now complete so we didn't need to eat in the army tents for they were all taken down. They built another bunk house for the girls so we didn't have to sleep in tents (unless we wanted to) and it also had air conditioning which we were all very thankful for :D And for some weird reason they had switched the men and womens bathrooms around and me not noticing the changed signs ran right into the mens bathroom... Let me tell you, it was a bit embarrassing... :P but my excuse was taken pretty well!! The scenery was still devastating to look at but there had been a lot of clean up done in the 2 months we weren't there for. My crew and I were designated to one house in particular... That is where I learned how to mud and sand.... and sand some more... and did even more sanding... when we were finally done sanding the entire house, we all looked like a bunch of ghosts :) We were all blowing dust from our noses for a while, at least I was!! Then we painted... and painted some more... and did even more painting... :) My arms had never been more sore there then I can ever remember but it was totally worth all the pain. Here are some pictures of our second trip...






The Sanding Crew!! :)


Becky and I after a days work in Mississippi!! I got
got stuck with sanding... THE CEILINGS!! :/

Myself with the Becky 1 and Becki 2!!


This is our entire group from Ontario...

This is the wall of encouragement to EVERYONE!!

Me and the girls.. Lisa, DOT and Steph... :)

No comments: